Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Turquoise & Coral

I love this room from Ashley Whittaker Design. It has my favorite color of the moment, blue, but done in a unexpected way. I typically fall for the blues with the neutrals (creams, khakis, chocolates) but I love how this turquoise pops with the bright coral. It's so happy. Even on the grayest day it would make you feel like it's not the middle of winter. Which in Seattle, gray is the flavor du jour 8 months of the year.

The light, beachiness of the chandelier and coral linen fabric contrasted with the heavy mahogany table and traditional print wallpaper makes the room young and fun. It reminds me of what my grandmother would have done in her Laguna Beach house. A little traditional mixed with Asian and beach. Bikini beach clad girl meets traditional upper west side boy. Match made in heaven.

Mom-mom, that was my nickname for my grandma, this would have been fantastic with your Capri's , tunics, and Bernardo t-strap sandals. You were always the the epitome of beach chic meets Hollywood.

This rooms for you. Wish you were here to enjoy it. I can almost smell the Entemann's cheese danish twist now.


Turquoise linen and tinted wall fabric from Quadrille. Coral linen fabric from Travers. Chandelier is from Mecox Gardens. Photo from House Beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...