Sunday, February 26, 2012

The gathering spot

I stumbled upon this image from pinterest today and was captivated. Love that this kitchen is all windows and no uppers with the most incredible windows. But, I really love the long gathering table instead of the traditional island. After being in a cabin for a week with 14 people (7 adults and 7 kids) who all like to cook and eat incredible meals - kitchen layout is very important. The sink isn't right next to the stove or fridge allowing for many cooks to work together without bumping into each other. There was more bumping this last week than one could imagine. I love that this kitchen breaks with the convention of a close work triangle and the island while at the same time creating a feeling of coziness.

My large family and I could be very happy in this kitchen.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...