Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crazier than usual....

Sorry for the delay in posting. I should be back in full swing tomorrow or Saturday. I've been crazy busy this week with work meetings and in addition to that I've taken on two major house projects.

My husband decided to add wainscoting to the entire upper floor of our house two days ago. This is no small project - my hallway alone is 19 feet long, not to mention the staircase and entryway. This came about because I asked him to touch-up all the wonderful markings of my two boys before a cocktail party I've hosting next week. You can only imagine how gross the walls are.... So instead of painting he decided that now was the time to take on the project I've been pestering him about for years. Did you catch that I'm having a cocktail party next week.... so we are on a crazy deadline to get this finished.

In addition to this project, last week I decided to strip and stain/lacquer my grandfather's 1950's french white oak dining table. Needless to say, it's taking me longer than I anticipated. I have one more coat of lacquer to go then I will post before, during and after pictures.

Oh and my sister decided we should have a garage sale tomorrow. So I'm running around the house cleaning out every cupboard and storage area. I forgot how much work garage sales entail.

Whew.... it's been crazy here. Thanks for your patience. I will be back tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Hope your having a good week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...