Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chocolate, Cream and Aqua

Flipping through this months House Beautiful, two rooms caught my eye. A rustic, yet sophisticated bedroom by Albert Hadley and a fun, whimsical dining area by Jonathan Berger. Both have warm chocolate backgrounds with pops of aqua and cream. They are completely different, yet both feel fresh and contemporary. I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of this color combination. Although it is so overused it always makes me feel happy. What do you think? Are you tired of it or do you think it's a classic?

Albert Hadley bedroom. I love the pale aqua bed with the rustic English Regency bench. The symmetry of the tables and lamps is perfect. The mismatched paintings is a nice touch. This room is so simple yet inviting.

Jonathan Berger dining room. The coral memo board is outrageous - I love it! I also love the bright aqua chairs. Plus their kid friendly with the leather upholstery. The back of the chairs have a coral print fabric to tie into the coral Murano glass chandelier. (Not crazy about the coral color or the fan on the wall) But, overall this room is fun and casual.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...