Friday, June 19, 2009

Shelter Sadness

I know, everyone has been posting about the same thing. However, there's nothing as depressing as wanting to buy a new home magazine and not being able to do so.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find anything to replace the shelter magazines we've lost over the past couple months. I'll pop into local newstands to see if I can find anything that peaks my interest. I'll stand there waiting for something to magically appear - lifting the magazines to see if something great has been buried behind them.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Traditional Home, House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Southern Accents, and Veranda, but they are all beginning to feel the same. We can't resort to the European magazines as they have a different aesthetic.

Where's the achievable, livable design that was featured in Cottage Living and Domino. Where are the homes of non-celebrities and undiscovered interior designers? Where's the mix of high and low? Where are the houses targeted to the young professionals and young families?

Is anyone in the publishing industry listening? I'm not going to make it through this recession without some great home inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...