Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bedford Brown

Last week I took a little trip to one of my favorite Northwest cities, Portland, Oregon. It's such a great city. Great shopping, restaurants, hotels, and a fun urban vibe, yet a real sense of community. Being an Oregon native, the city always makes me feel like I'm home.

But one of the best parts of my trip was the incredible shop, Bedford Brown. Part home decor, stone yard and greenhouse - it's more like stepping into a store in Paris than Oregon. I was instantly in love. The owners are interior designers which is obvious by the attention to detail and sophisticated, edited lines they carry. The rotate inventory in and out so no visit is the same. I love it when retailers give you a reason to "pop by" every week so you don't miss something fantastic.

Here's a couple picks I snapped with my phone. Enjoy

The outside of the store.

This is the fence outside the store. Gorgeous way to create atmosphere and a brand on a traditional wire fence. I couldn't contain myself as I was driving up.

Picture of the stone yard with the beautiful Portland bridge in the background. This image is from their website as the sun is shinning.

My picture of the stone yard. Yes, it was raining. But it didn't dampen my excitement.

Another image of some of their garden inventory. This is the best edited selection of statuary items I've seen. No tacky birdbaths or gnomes here.

Inside image of the greenhouse.

Another greenhouse interior with a selection of fabulous slip covered furniture. These ticking striped club chairs by Lee Industries were to die for and on sale!

An assortment of home decor accessories. This store is chocked full of them. Everywhere you turn is something fabulous.

Another inspirational vignette in the store.

And yet another one...

While most of the store has a subdued European flair right now, there is this great black and white stripped contemporary room at the front of the store. A great classic look.

This store really has something for everyone. I couldn't possibly take a picture of every vignette or item in the store - there was something great in every inch. It's so unique and inspiring. I can't wait to visit again... and again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...