Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shopping Trip: Portland's Bedford Brown

Over Memorial Day weekend, we threw the kids in the car and got out of dodge. It was a last minute trip to Portland under the guise of my 10-year-old meeting up with buddies down there for a lacrosse tournament, but I had some other things on the brain -- hitting up my favorite Portland shops while the kiddies (and husband) tracked down Voodoo Donuts and played in the pool.

Every time I hit Portland (and yes, I do feel like it's a "hit" because I always seem to be short on time and end up barreling through the stores) I make sure to visit Bedford Brown. It's the best and it's so different every time. They pride themselves on turning things around quickly because they buy in low quantities, making it so it's always special and you get something that isn't at many places. My pictures will never do the store justice and I left out the AMAZING stoneyard portion of the shop with great concrete planters, Asian ceramics and garden objects (the good news is, last year I posted about it, so you can get a feel for the amazingness here).

I did, however, get a few shots of the greenhouse where fabulous plants can be found and the shop, which has lots of great stuff in right now.

The store is broken out in to different areas, so this is near the back as you transition from storefront to greenhouse -- it's a big white tented "outdoor" set-up.


I love this media cabinet. Awhile back, I desperately wanted a client to get it but she was nervous about getting it without seeing it in person... If only we had a Bedford Brown in Seattle...

This picture is being sent out to another client because I want that chandelier to go above her dining table -- how about it Keri? Ha!

Amazing, all of it -- the walls, the chairs, the turquoise.

These on either side of a door would be spectacular. I'm such a sucker for things like this. Add in some striped awnings and some topiaries and you could just stick a fork in me.

They just got new paint colors in and this coral in person is stunning.

I mean, come on.


1 comment:

designchic said...

What a beautiful store. Absolutely love the turquoise stools!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...