Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update: French Chairs

As promised, here's the progress on my French armchairs.

I mentioned I had found caning under the upholstery, so my plan has changed and evolved as I've literally uncovered their potential (literally with about 10,000 nails and a right hand that can no longer grip anything due to the pliers).

I've found working with the unexpected makes for the best product in the end. Regardless of the pain and extra work it entailed. Today, I picked out french linen fabric for the seat. It's so beautiful - I can't stand it. I'll continue to update you at each milestone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...