Sunday, October 23, 2011

Coffee Heaven

I've been thinking about espresso machines for over a year. I can't function in the morning without a cup of coffee. I literally can't even shower until that first sip hits my mouth. And with the Fall weather (I mean rain) in Seattle, I knew I needed something stronger to get me through this season.

So I did some online research and talked to everyone I could before walking into Sur La Table one day. I walked home with this new dreamy machine. The Nespresso & DeLonghi Lattissima. It's the BOMB. It's literally changed me life. I put in a pod, push one button and it steams the milk for me and makes the perfect espresso. It's idiot proof - which is what I need in the morning.

I don't know how I ever survived without one. Sorry Starbucks, you won't be seeing me in the drive through twice a day anymore now that my coffee at home is so much better and cheaper.


Try it. Maybe it will change your life too. It's the little things in life that make you the happiest. And I'm one happy lady with my Grande Vanilla Latte in my own kitchen anytime time of day I want.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Donna Benedetto said...

It truly is amazing how that cup of coffee can be the highlight of ones day. I need my morning cup as well as the 2 P.M. one for that nice break in the day to gather my head and move on with the rest of the day. I think in part it is also the ritual. Thank you for the recommendation, I will be definetely checking this one out.

Kate said...

I absolutely LOVE nespresso pods. It really is some of the best espresso around, in my opinion. I have a Francis francis machine, with which I use Illy coffee but I alternate with my nespresso machine. I have to say though, though the nespresso machine was more affordable than most (and it's a powerful little thing), the pods are outrageously expensive. I have to use 3 pods to make a decent size cappuccino (to match the size of espresso drawn from my other machine, which is really more of a double shot).
If the nespresso pods were a full size shot, I could justify keeping them on hand at all times but they really are comparable to the cost of purchasing from starbucks, just a lot tastier. I also wish they offered free shipping with orders over $50, or at least made them available for purchase in stores. Next year, the nespresso patents begin to run out (I know way too much about this). I look forward to seeing what other nespresso compatible pods will come on the market.
And as another nerdy aside, I love purchasing pods of varying colours and displaying them in a large glass bowl, then picking a few out every day like candy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...