Monday, January 17, 2011

Builder to Custom: Entry Project

Things have been crazy with a capital "C" ever since New Years -- I guess when it rains it pours. Everyone went dark during the holidays, but they are back and motivated. Not complaining, but I've been lacking on my blog posts because I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

One of the projects is transforming a builder spec house to a custom house with all new wainscoting, mouldings, open staircase, master bathroom, dining room and kitchen. This client wanted an old Seattle house look but with the convenience and community of living in the suburbs. It's been a fun project and it's and coming along nicely. I will post some before and afters as we get a little farther along.

But, here's a quick glimpse of the vibe we are going for in the entry: We are going for casual elegance that can withstand 3 young kids... Imagine dark hardwood floors, tall creamy white wainscoting and french doors, with pale blue, navy blue and a hint of aqua fabric. The fabric in my boards is in the living room, but somewhat visible from the entry (and blue not green as pictured). It's going to be gorgeous. I thought I'd share a few of the client's furniture options with you. Which one do you like?

Option One

Option Two

Option Three


Bench Fabric

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love how fresh option 1 feels! So beautiful!!

Linda said...

Looks great! Take a look at the painted chests at www.porteitalia.com. They are beautiful!

jennie said...

I love the beach fabric.. and lean towards option 3.. the bench you have chosen is beautiful. Cant wait to see what it looks like upon completion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...