Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good Finds

A fellow blogger, Snobertson, sent me this great fashion site, Frugal Fashionistas. I'm loving it. With my limited time to stay on top of fashion trends I get in a fashion rut. I go to my normal standbys. Skinny jeans, ballet flats, blouse and cardigan. I'm still presentable, no mom jeans, but I need to mix it up. In order to do that, I need inspiration and not inspiration from Vogue or Bazaar. Attainable and affordable inspiration. Plus, who doesn't like to look at a little celebrity gossip or fashion?

I love that I can quickly browse through the looks and pick out the ones I like or are realistic (let's be real as most of these outfits would never work on a real person or someone who didn't live in L.A.) and modify them for my price point, style and age. You can search by celebrity or just scan through all the posts. They also have beauty features which I love as well. Sometimes I just want to buy some drugstore makeup for the experience of shopping the aisle. I don't want someone telling me what I should buy based on my coloring. It takes me back to my junior high and high school days. Remember Wet 'n Wild?

This is almost as good as any celebrity gossip rag. I don't care about what the celebs are doing - just they are wearing. Good-bye people and US Magazine. You are no longer needed.

Here are a couple samples.

Katherine Heigl (In case you live under a rock)


Reese Witherspoon

Eva Mendes


Penelope Cruz (perfect shopping or travel outfit)


Camerion Diaz (Great winter shopping look)


Statement Necklaces
Fall Forecast - What's hot and what's not


Beauty Buys


Thank you Frugal Fashionists!
You just gave me my celebrity fix while providing me with some useful information.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...