Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just White

Every year I toy with the idea of going all white with my Christmas decorations. I just love how fresh it looks and what a nice change it can be from the traditional Christmas look, especially when mixed with fresh greens. It's new and different, without completely abandoning the classic Christmas. The only thing getting in the way is that pesky family of mine :) I'm probably going down on Santa's list for being a mean mommy, because I won't let colored lights into my house. But this mom needs a Christmas gift to herself: white lights and pretty decorations.

In an ideal world, I'd be bringing some of this home for the holidays:



I love paper whites and amaryllis during the winter, and there is nothing prettier than a grouping in mass. How gorgeous are these?

Via Martha, these garlands would be a good alternative to lights if strung between a roof and a porch railing to prevent them from blowing and tangling in the wind. They are made of a weather-resistant material to combat the rain as well.

These paper mache stars from Etsy are a sweet addition to a green tree.

I'm thinking these snowflake cutouts would be adorable as gift tags and additional ornaments. Or scattered on a buffet set with greens and mercury - for $1.99, that's cheaper than most tags you would buy.

Three of these small hand-thrown vases running down my Christmas table, filled with white roses or other winter whites would be beautiful. And totally practical for the rest of the year.

I love boxwood wreathes similar to Kelly's DIY project (so great looking), but I also love the convenience of a silver bell wreath. Changing out the ribbon keeps it fresh for years to come.

And for a Christmas party, a twist on mistletoe that makes me smile - a Kissing Ball from Martha.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...