Monday, October 12, 2009

If it works

Mrs. Howard is the queen of calm sophisticated southern style. Phoebe has developed a style over the years and it never disappoints. Each house has a distinct look yet it's unmistakably Mrs. Howard in it's color palette, use of symmetry and fabulous yet refined furniture and accessories.

Mrs. Howard seems to love sunburst mirrors as she uses them in a variety of rooms and in most projects. I too love them. I don't care if the design community says they are out and over used. They are so happy and add great dimension to every space. And they come in so many variations, finishes and sizes now. What's not to love.

If it works, it works. I for one, would be sad to see Mrs. Howard replace the sunburst mirror with another accessories. It's the LBD of accessories. Now every time I see one I think of her.

Here's a small sampling of some of her rooms and love of sunbursts.
All images from phoebehoward.net.




















I hope the sunburst is here to stay. Thanks for making it so iconic Phoebe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...