Monday, September 28, 2009

Sick?

This week has started off crazy with work and kids activities. I haven't had time to do a proper post. To top it off, I haven't been feeling good for about a week. I've had the chills and have been kind of dizzy. I keep wondering if I have the swine flu. You know you don't feel good when you don't want a glass of wine with dinner.

It just dawned on me today, maybe my body is in shock from subjecting it to physical exercise again. I haven't done any strenuous physical activity since June. I did about a month of boot camp (couldn't sit for a week) but I didn't run or do cardio. I mostly lounged at the pool and occasionally took a quick dip just to cool off - not to swim.

Last week my girlfriend and I decided that we needed to start running again. We promised each other that we would take it slow and let our bodies adjust. So, for our first run we ran for 1 hour and 30 minutes! I kid you not. I'm a good 4-5 mile runner when I'm in shape - but that's about 45 minutes- not an hour and a half. And, that's when I'm in shape. We didn't have our watches so we just kept running. Needless to say, I didn't feel very good that night.

We went running again a couple days later. We set out to do a quick and short run. Again, we ended up running for about an hour. Didn't feel so hot later that day. Chills and dizzy. I took a nap for the first time in years.

Today we went for a short run. This time we didn't try to be hardcore runners. We only ran for 40 minutes which was good because I was dying. Dying. That's when it dawned on me. I don't have the swine flu. I'm just making my body sick by exercising.

Body, please! I need to exercise. I need to release some energy and stress. AND I miss my wine. I promise I'll start taking better care of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, mom thought that was you in the picture.

hahahaha!

Love,
Your Ikea-Lamp-Assembling Sister

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...