Friday, September 4, 2009

Sleep Update

It's been a couple weeks since I posted on my sleep issues. Thank you for all the great advice and feedback. It made me feel like I wasn't alone and gave me a new perspective on the situation. You guys are the best!

My son and I went to the doctor this week for his annual check up and shots. (Got to get those in before he can show up on the first day of pre-school). As I'm telling the docter the problem my son is listening to me and smirking. Yes, smirking. As I thought, I was told that he was just working me. Again smirking.

Is this the face of a kid that would work his mommy? (Try to ignore the buzz cut his uncle gave him.... he said it was a number 3. Don't think so. This is two weeks after it was cut!)

That night I reminded him what the doctor said about his sleeping habits and how things were going to change now that school was starting. The same conversation I've had over and over with him.

Not sure what happened but it worked! I woke up the next morning in my bed. In my bed without a small body on top of me. Just me and my husband! I can't remember the last time that happened.

That was on Monday and I didn't want to jinx it so I didn't provide an update. I'm happy to announce that he's stayed in his bed for most of the week. Okay, he's come into my bed at 5:30 the last two mornings but I'll take that any day over what was happening.

Wish me luck. I'm making progress.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...